Debut Reference DBR62 Bookshelf Speakers
Building on the iconic status of ELAC’s Debut Series, a new Reference line emerges for ELAC's exclusive dealers. The Debut Reference brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles. Debut Reference sounds as great as it looks!
- Mint Condition -
- Traded towards quick upgrade -
- Original Box and Packaging -
- Truely As New -
The Debut reference is the popular Debut series taken to the extreme. With the Debut, most of the money was spend in the engineering and whatever was left over into cosmetic design. The Debut Reference has not forgotten how important aesthetics are in a modern home. With improvements such as cast aluminum chassis, a more linear woofer spider, more complex crossovers, superior cabinet construction and a better finish including a painted front baffle.
The Debut Reference Advantage:
- Improved cabinet construction: Thicker panels with full interior bracing to stiffen the cabinet and reduce vibration
- New waveguide on the tweeter for reduced diffraction
- Custom punched tweeter grille: More open hole pattern for reduced attenuation above 8kHz
- Cast Chassis Woofer: The cast aluminium chassis eliminates resonance due to the mass of the oversized magnet causing flexing of the chassis and baffle attachment point, and it also helps stiffen the cabinet.
- New Spider on the Woofer. This improves linearity at large excursion, and helps maintain bass tuning performance at high levels.
- Front Slot Vent: Using an unusual slot vent arrangement allows for lower vent noise and improved bas dynamics. The construction method of the vent also helps stiffens he cabinet.
- Sophisticated crossover network: An 11 element network gives improved frequency response linearity along with better controlled off axis response.
- Painted front baffle with satin finish for improved appearance, along with a choice of two color schemes; Black baffle/Walnut cabinet or White baffle/Oak cabinet.
- Magnetic grille attachment.
The new DBR62 is ELAC's latest high value bookshelf speaker. Building on the iconic status of ELAC’s Debut Series, a new Reference line from designer Andrew Jones upgrades the award winning performance of the Debut 2.0 series. The Debut Reference brings significant acoustical and visual advancements. Designed to blend with traditional or contemporary styles, Debut Reference sounds as great as it looks.
Improved High Frequency Response
A newly developed waveguide combined with a more open grill design enhances upper high frequency response.
A new full perimeter brace that joins the top and the side panels significantly lessens cabinet vibrations, reducing cabinet coloration.
Cast Chassis Woofer
Our new cast chassis woofer provides improved stiffness for both strengthening the front baffle and minimizing chassis resonances.
Dual Flared Slot Port
Our new dual flared slot vent allows for lower noise and higher bass output for improved bass dynamics.
- Enclosure Type: 2-Way Bass Reflex
- Frequency Response: 44Hz – 35000Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 86db @ 2.83v/1m
- Crossover Frequency: 2200Hz
- Max Power Input: 120 Watts
- Tweeter: 1″ Cloth Dome
- Woofer: 6.5 Inch Aramid Fiber
- Cabinet: CARB2 Rated MDF
- Port: Dual Flared
- Binding Posts: 5-Way Metal
- Cabinet Finishes: White Baffle, Oak Cabinet or Black Baffle, Walnut Cabinet
- Accessories Included: Magnetic fabric grill
- Weight: 8.2 Kg Each
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 20.7 x 35.9 x 27.5 cm
Check out the brochure - ELAC Debut Reference Series Brochure