PMC Wafer2 On-Wall Speakers
PMC has brought its ATL technology, found in the world’s leading studios to a range of discreet, stylish in-wall and on-wall loudspeakers. The slim-line wafer series are capable of astounding room-filling richness and clarity, ideal to recreate the surround sound cinema experience or an audiophile two channel system.
The wafer 2 follows the identical design cues and contains the same intelligent innovations as the wafer 1. The depth of the cabinet remains ultra slim line with small increases to the height and width. This allows for a larger and more robust bass unit giving the wafer 2 greater low frequency extension and the ability to achieve higher volume levels. The attributes of wafer 2 lend themselves perfectly to both surround sound and stereo configurations in a vast range of listening environments.
The proof of the wafer2’s ability to relay the true essence of the music is found not only in its reviews but also in its various professional guises, where it is relied upon by leading studios and broadcasters such as BBC Broadcasting House, three of BBC Cardiff’s main post production 5.1 dubbing suites, BBC Mailbox 5.1 Dubbing Suite.
The wafer series offers true reference quality sound with the aid of the following innovations:
- TT Technology - Twin Tweeter technology, which by way of Steerable Image techniques, makes horizontal and vertical placement possible – both higher and lower than the listener – without limiting performance.
- Stealth Baffle - PMC’s acoustic specialists have developed a unique, structured and absorbent surface aptly named StealthBaffle that prevents unwanted reflections from the front baffle and the surrounding wall or ceiling, instead concentrates pure, untainted audio directly into the listening space.
- Customisable Grille - The slim line grille and frame can be painted to blend into the chosen décor so the loudspeakers are heard but not seen. (Examples shown below)
- H-Line ATL - More details below
- Available Finishes: White Satin RAL 9016, Black Satin RAL 9005
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 500 x 235mm x 100mm
- Drive Units:
- Low Frequency: 140mm (51/2”)
- High Frequency: 2 x 27mm Soft dome
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-25kHz
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Input Connectors: 1 pair 4mm sockets
- Sensitivity: 87dB 1w 1m
- Weight: 5kg (11lbs)
PMC's core belief is that the same ultra-high resolution loudspeaker, if properly designed, can be used throughout the entire recording chain. That’s why their designs are employed at every stage of music-making, from film soundtrack composers’ music rooms to recording studios through to the home, preserving the essence of the original performance exactly as the artist intended. Because the characteristics and tonality of all our speakers, from large to small, are essentially the same, it’s a simple matter to mix and match different models to create your perfect immersive audio system.
Advanced Transmission Line
ATL uses energy generated by the bass unit in a much more intelligent, efficient way than speaker designs based on ported or sealed boxes. In ATL loudspeakers, the highly braced cabinet is lined with a multitude of custom-designed acoustic materials that absorb all but the very lowest frequencies. These exit from a front-panel vent, extending the low-frequency response, and creating the impression of a far larger speaker with an extra, ultra-high-quality bass unit.
ATL improves more than just the bass response: because the low end is clean and clear, it doesn’t mask the rest of the music. Vocals, in particular, are beautifully projected and ultra-vivid. ATL loudspeakers offer another benefit. The ATL bass extension does not change with volume level — so even when listening quietly, the bass sounds balanced and well defined.
Check out the brochure for more information - PMC Wafer 2 On wall Speakers Brochure
Or you can read a reviews here - HiFi Choice