Martin Logan have introduced a range of ultra-slim folded motion speaker series, the Motion SLM, in three different models to suit all needs. These on wall speakers provide unbelievable performance in a slim cabinet to discretely sit on your wall.
- Motion SLM - The slender Motion SLM speakers feature an advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter, two 4-inch high-excursion fiber cone woofers and two passive bass radiators for maximum controlled low-end bass extension - all in an ultra-slim profile designed expressly for super-thin TVs.
- Motion SLM XL - For even greater low-end bass extension, step up to the Motion SLM XL which adds two extra 4-inch passive radiators and aesthetically matches 65-inch and larger TV sizes.
- Motion SLM X3 - Motion SLM X3’s 3-channel soundbar design gives you a complete stereo and center soundstage, with three Folded Motion tweeters and six 4-inch ultra-slim fiber cone woofers.
The slender Motion SLM® X3 soundbar features three advanced resolution Folded Motion tweeters, six 4-inch high-excursion fiber cone woofers for maximum controlled low-end bass extension - all in an ultra-slim, 3-channel soundbar design for super-thin TVs, giving you a complete stereo and center soundstage.
Inspired by MartinLogan's ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo. MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly blends our exquisite Folded Motion transducers with powerful, compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
The Audible Truth About Thin TVs
TV manufacturers are pushing the physical limits of electronics, making TVs that are thinner than ever at less than 2-inches from the wall. While they look great, creating a thinner television means making compromises to the built-in speakers; tiny drivers, cheaper parts, reduced cabinet volume and placement behind the TV create unnatural, lifeless sound. Worse yet, these speakers are usually underpowered, and easily distort when you turn up the volume. Motion SLM speakers provides a clean, easy to install solution for elevating the aural experience that has been sacrificed with ultra-thin TV technology.
Slender Profile & Stunning Performance
The secret to the Motion SLM's outstanding performance is the innovative dual 4-inch, ultra-slim fiber cone woofers and dual 4-inch high-velocity passive bass radiators, paired with a Folded Motion tweeter to create stunning acoustical alchemy typically found in much larger speaker systems. Hidden discretely underneath the grille, the drivers are held securely in place by a solid, black-anodized brushed aluminum baffle. The high-gloss black SLM cabinet is only 1.45-inches thin, for a total wall protrusion of 1.83-inches with magnetic grille and included wall mount bracket.
On-Wall or On-Shelf Versatility
With keyhole slots on the speaker's back panel that attach easily to the included wall bracket, you'll have the SLM X3 wall-mounted and playing in no time. While we created Motion SLM X3 soundbar to wall mount next to ultra-flat panel TVs, that's not their only application. Included with each speaker is are feet that allow them to sit on a shelf or equipment cabinet.
- Frequency Response: 120–25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—140 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 93 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 3,000 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer:
- Three 1" × 1.4" (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25" × 1.75" (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer:
- Six 4” (10.2cm) paper cone.
- Weight: 5.9 kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 162 x 122 x 51mm
Check out the brochure - Martin Logan Motion Series Brochure
or check out the summarized specifications - Martin Logan Motion i LCR Speakers Summarzied
Or check out some reviews of the SLM speaker - AVSA / Home Theatre HiFi / Sound Stage Xperience