Chest-pounding, musical bass with depth, slam, and impact, from a shockingly compact 10-inch cabinet. Many micro subwoofers have tried, all have failed. Until now.
The miniature yet mighty SVS 3000 Micro subwoofer seamlessly blends into any room and speaker system, energizing the space with astonishingly rich, effortless bass that’s all the more impressive given its micro-sized enclosure.
Featuring innovations from the reference SVS 16-Ultra subwoofers married to fully active dual opposing 8-inch drivers, and an 800 watt RMS, 2,500 watt Peak Power Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier with discrete MOSFET output, 3000 Micro delivers performance that obliterates every micro subwoofer that has come before. It also features the powerful SVS subwoofer control smartphone app for advanced tuning and DSP. Finally, a micro sub-woofer worthy of the name SVS.
Finally, A Micro Subwoofer Worthy of the Name SVS.
The challenges of designing a subwoofer capable of chest-pounding output at the lowest frequencies, while maintaining effective thermal and energy management in a micro-sized enclosure, has always been the holy grail of subwoofer brands. Previous designs were flawed with weak output, distortion, and uncontrolled movement of the cabinet itself.
3000 Micro is like a magic trick— small enough to fit anywhere and capable of delivering breathtaking bass from a shockingly compact 10-inch enclosure. For the first-time ever, a micro sub-woofer that does not compromise on performance.
SVS engineers had to bend the laws of physics designing a micro-sized subwoofer capable of massive, pristine output in HiFi and home theater systems. Reference amplifier technology from the flagship SVS 16-Ultra subwoofers was applied in an 800 watt RMS, 2,500+ watt Peak Power Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier with discrete MOSFET output for effortless, on-demand current with unerring control.
Harnessing the colossal power are fully active dual opposing 8-inch SVS drivers connected in parallel to move in perfect unison for massive slam and output with crisp, musical transients. The usable surface area of two fully active 8-inch woofers firing in opposite directions unleashes performance on par with much larger subwoofers and the tight, punchy output obliterates multi-driver passive radiator subwoofer designs known for bloated, one-note bass.
3000 Micro also has brains to match its brawn. A 50 MHz Analog Devices DSP enables sophisticated control and custom frequency response curves for optimised real-world output and acoustically tuned room gain. It also enables advanced tuning and control via the SVS subwoofer DSP smartphone app.
- Precisely tuned overhung motor configuration for unerring woofer control at all drive levels
- Proprietary injection-molded NBR surround built for extreme-excursion and longevity at reference playback levels.
- Total Excursion (each driver): 24mm Xmax, 37mm Xmech
- High-current 4-layer copper voice coil winding minimizes distortion and power compression, while providing effective heat dissipation and tuned magnetics for accuracy at high excursion
- Formidable proprietary ferrite motor system generates high-flux-density magnetic fields to drive room-filling sound pressure levels with pinpoint transients
- Dual 8-inch baskets with FEA optimized powder-coated frames for maximum rigidity, thermal conductivity, and mechanical damping
- 800-watt continuous Class D design with 2,500+ watts of Peak Power
- Dual opposing 8-inch drivers designed electrically and mechanically in parallel for massive output from and a sonically inert cabinet, and ultra-low system vibration even at maximum output levels
- Rear-mounted amplifier with Intelligent Control Interface(ICI)
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- SVS first flat edge wound split-wind voice coil
- Input impedance 16kohm (unbalanced RCA)
Check out the brochure for more information - SVS Audio 3000 Brochure