Martin Logan Motion i Series's Biggest Member
This is the flagship of the Motion Series. It's a powerful floorstanding loudspeaker featuring a Folded Motion® XT tweeter, 6.5-inch aluminum cone midrange driver, dual 8-inch aluminum cone woofers with rear-firing bass ports, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network. XT stands for extreme: lifelike details from the lightning-fast Folded Motion XT tweeter, open and authentic midrange performance, coupled with deep, musical bass response. These classic performance technologies have been enhanced by the slightest of modifications, including the drive-stabilising dust cap design, stiffened motor suspension, and low-mounted woofers to reduce an acoustically harmful phenomenon known as floor bounce. The speaker's enclosure sports increased internal bracing, a reinforced baffle, and a fabric grille. Available in three stylish finishes: gloss black, matte white, and red walnut.
The Motion Series is inspired by the performance of our ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers and is perfect for music or home cinema lovers. Discover confident floor-standing speakers, and gutsy compact bookshelf models, with timbre-matched centers, all featuring Martin Logan’s cutting edge Folded Motion tweeter and backed by exceptional components and hand-built crossovers. They reveal a richly detailed audio experience at an unrivalled price.
- 1 x 6-1/2" aluminum cone with cast polymer basket
- 2 x 8" aluminum cone woofers with cast aluminum baskets
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with rear-firing ports
- Proprietary high-performance Vojtko™ crossover network
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Sensitivity: 94 dB
- Impedance: 4 ohms (4, 6, or 8 ohm compatible)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-400 watts
- Fabric-wrapped magnetic grille
- Includes outrigger feet and removable floor spikes for extra stability on carpeted floors
- Dual five-way binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
Engineering, Without Compromises
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? Martin Logan's dedicated in-house engineering and design team started by utilising and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering and time-honored cabinet construction techniques. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price. Their 'no compromise' philosophy gives Motion Series a unique sound you won't find anywhere else.
Sound Inspired by Electrostatic Speakers
The success of the Motion Series is directly attributed to its close relation to Martin Logan’s legendary ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers. The desire to transmute that level of performance into a more traditional loudspeaker at a more affordable price drove the initial design imperatives that created the Motion Series.
Folded Motion ® XT Tweeters
Martin Logan's signature Folded Motion tweeter utilises an extremely low mass diaphragm that "squeezes" air, thus demanding significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter. Its folded design allows for a much larger surface area (compared to that of a regular 1-inch dome tweeter), controlled dispersion characteristics, and vanishingly low distortion. It's a miracle of audio engineering that's able to deliver much of the high-frequency detail and speed of a large, dynamic electrostatic panel in a small space. Folded Motion XT tweeters, advanced thin-film transducer technology even
further, with a 40% larger radiating surface and 80x30-degree controlled dispersion. This tweak increases audible bandwidth without sacrificing details and minimises distortion to an unprecedented level while increasing efficiency and the tweeter's already lightning-fast response time. The result? A superior realism and alarming specificity is aurally astounding, and only by Martin Logan.
Proprietary Vojtko™Crossover Networks
Premium Motion Series speakers feature proprietary Vojtko crossover networks using polypropylene and low-DF electrolytic capacitors, custom-wound inductors, and thermal and current protection. A Vojtko crossover isn't so much a set of design requirements as it is a philosophy. Vojtko crossovers are designed in such a way that all drivers are kept within their optimal frequency range and balanced with one another. The drivers themselves are as much a part of a Vojtko crossover as are capacitors and resistors. Before the design of any crossover begins, drivers are carefully selected or designed to operate within a very intentional frequency range and with precise and predictable performance parameters. Vojtko crossovers are always built from high-quality parts, and care is taken to avoid overly complex topologies, a straightforward objective due to the careful selection of woofers and tweeters. The final (and most critical) aspect of a Vojtko Crossover is that final voicing is conducted in a space that is indicative of a real-world environment. This pragmatic approach allows Martin Logan speakers to sound their best in real-world rooms.
- Frequency Response: 35 - 25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 400 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 30°
- Sensitivity: 94 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 400 & 2,200 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.25" × 2.4" (3.2cm × 6.1cm) Folded Motion XT Transducer with 4.5" x 2.75" (11.4cm × 7cm) diaphragm
- Mid Frequency Transducer: 6.5” (16.5cm) aluminum cone with cast polymer basket. Sealed chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 8” (20.3cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Tweeter thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Weight: 30 kg
- Dimensions: 121.8 x 29 x 36.6 cm
Check out the brochure - Martin Logan Motion i Series Brochure
Or you can see the summarized specifications here - Martin Logan Motion i Series Summarized