Space constraints should never compromise great sound. The Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52 is the perfect solution when space is at a premium yet demand for audiophile sound is not negotiable. Using the same outstanding drivers and technology as the other models in the series ensures this compact, 3-way, bass-reflex monitor delivers a matched sonic signature..
Balanced three-way design
A three-way speaker offers many advantages in the design of a full-range system. By assigning dedicated drivers to high, mid- and bass frequencies, each is optimized for the frequency range for which its design and material composition is best suited. Drivers like the groundbreaking concentric midrange-tweeter of the Uni-Fi series perform at their best, while larger, aluminum-cone woofers handle the frequency ranges in which they perform best. At the same time, a three-way speaker complement allows for a more straightforward crossover and cabinet design, eliminating complex and costly solutions.
One secret to the great sound of the Uni-Fi series are the high quality, audio-grade components specified in the manufacture of each custom, three-way crossover, the careful design of which is essential to smooth transition between the drivers. The best crossovers are the ones in which the sonic landscape, from lowest fundamentals to highest high, becomes seamless. This is the sound of Uni-Fi.
Custom-designed concentric driver
The delicacy of a 1-inch soft-dome tweeter and the harmonic accuracy of a rigid aluminum 4-inch midrange cone come together in a symphony of sonic perfection. Positioning the tweeter concentrically within the midrange voice coil achieves a uniform directivity pattern, for flat frequency response and formidable power handling, along with enhanced imaging for both on- and off-axis listening positions.
- Speaker type: 3-way, bass reflex
- Tweeter: 1 x 1-inch soft dome, concentrically mounted
- Midrange: 1 x 4-inch aluminum cone
- Woofer: 1 x 5.25-inch aluminum cone
- Crossover frequency: 200 / 2,000 Hz
- Frequency response: 46 to 35,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 85 dB at 2.83 v/1m
- Recommended amplifier power: 40 to 140 wpc
- Peak power handling: 140 wpc
- Nominal impedance: 6 Ω
- Binding posts: 5-way custom
- Magnetic shielding: No
- Cabinet finishes: Black ash vinyl - Only
- Accessories included: Fabric grille
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 346 x 185 x 275 mm
You can read more in the brochure here: Elac Uni-Fi Slim Brochure
Check out our unboxing video!