Roon Nucleus+ V2: Intelligent Network Device
Nucleus+ V2 is the center of your Roon music system. It’s the housekeeper, the traffic cop, and the brain that takes care of the music in your life. Using Nucleus+ V2, Roon manages all your music – on hard drives, NAS, and streaming content – and allows you to play it on all the audio devices around your home. Nucleus+ is the best way to run Roon, at any price.
Just plug Nucleus+ V2 into your network, connect your hard drives, download Roon remote apps (iOS, Android, macOS, Windows) and you’ll be ready to play music using a wide variety of audio devices, including AirPlay, Sonos, Roon Ready, Devialet, KEF, Meridian, Squeezebox, and a huge variety of USB DACs.
Aside from being a powerful, fanless music server, what sets Nucleus apart is that it’s powered by Roon OS – a fast and lightweight operating system optimized to do just one thing: browse and play music. Roon is a multi-room, multi-user networked audio platform built to the exacting standards of audiophiles, so it offers features like bit-perfect playback, DSD and PCM upsampling, multichannel playback, and signal path display.
- Manages your music stored on USB hard drives, NAS, and streamed content from TIDAL
- Runs Roon OS and is controlled by the Roon apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows
- Streams music to Sonos, AirPlay, Devialet, KEF, Roon Ready, Meridian, USB, and Squeezebox audio devices
- Silent design with no fans or moving parts
- Requires a Roon subscription
- i7 processor
- Libraries over 10,000 albums (100,000 tracks)
- Multi-room systems over six zones
- Gigabit ethernet LAN
- HDMI (stereo and multi-channel audio output)
- 2x USB 3.0 port (can be used for hard drive and/or DAC)
- Internal 2.5″ SATA SSD or HSS up to 9.5mm drive height
- Input Voltage: 12-19V DC
- All DSP functions available
Check out our first look unboxing video