The original scheme has been revised to improve the musicality and connectivity of those models. The quality of many components has also been improved: PCB with double layer nickel/gold, link capacitors, heat sinks, thermal protection
The CD50 Signature comes in a new metal case with a superb 4mm brushed-aluminium front panel (silver or black)! Of course, this front panel takes the new design of Atoll products. Below the tray, a low power consumption OLED display gives the different playback and range information. On each side, there are 3 control buttons that take over the main functions (play, stop, pause, forward/backward...).
The back panel provides an asymmetrical stereo analogue output, a digital output in S/PDIF coaxial format and a Toslink optical output.
This CD player features TEAC Pure Audio CD mechanics optimized to reduce jitter to a minimum. It is mounted on a central anti-resonant chassis to avoid any vibration that would damage the playback.
The CD50 Signature player is compatible with CD, CD-R, MP3 formats CD-RW, WMA and AAC. It is also compatible with the CD Text if the CD has one.
To limit all interferences, Atoll opted for 4 regulated power supplies, dedicated to analogue and digital. A transformer is used specifically for the audio stages.
- Pure audio CD drive from TEAC
- Supplies of audio stages with linear transformer
- Linear supply of digital stages with specific 30VA transformer
- 6 regulated supplies
- BURR-BROWN PCM1793 converter
- differential audio outputs with discrete components polarized in A class
- DC coupling (no link capacitor)
- 4mm aluminium brushed front panel with graved logo and “Wave”, 1,5mm steel chassis, aluminium keys
- Serial remote control
- CD text
- Readable files: CD, CD-R, CD-RW. Formats: MP3-WMA-AAC
- Low consumption OLED display
- Purchase optional remote here - Atoll Remote Control
- 1 analog and 2 digital outputs (coaxial & optical)
- Supplies 30+5 VA
- Total of capacitors: 8 192 µF
- Output stage: symetrical / discrete stages
- Output level: 2 Vrms
- Output Impedance: 100 Ώ
- Converter (N/A) : 24 Bit / 192kHz
- Digital outputs: Coaxial & optical
- Signal/noise ratio: 113 dB
- Distortion at 1kHz : < 0,002 %
- Bandwidth: 5–20 kHz
- Rising time: 2 µs
- Dimensions: 440 x 290 x 90 mm
- Weight : 5 kg