AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Semi Open Headphones
The creator of the award winning NightHawk headphones, have somehow made the NightHawks even better. Boasting improved acoustic, cosmetic and comfort (yes, it is even more comfortable than before) components, the NightHawk Carbon is something you do not want to miss out on.
Why the AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon?
- Even more padding to add to the "the most comfortable headphones ever tried" original Nighthawks
- CES Award-Winner Features Earcups Inspired By Loudspeaker Cabinets
- The First Original Production Headphone to Use a 3D-Printed Par
- Flexible Headband Ensures Comfort, Suspension System Minimizes Resonances
- Trickle-Down Technology From AudioQuest's State-of-the-Art Cables
Comfortable, Fatigue-Free Listening
NightHawk’s headpad attaches to its outer headband via small, swiveling pins located on either side of the headband’s base, just above the suspension’s yoke. An inner elastic band is concealed by a soft, modestly cushioned pad, which yields and rises when met by resistance or pressure. In this simple way, NightHawk’s headpad automatically adjusts to the listener’s head—no clicking, snapping, cranking, or guessing involved—guaranteeing an easy, comfortable fit, time and time again. Just place NightHawk over your head and let it do its thing. There’s nothing else to do, but enjoy.
All-Natural Liquid Wood
NightHawk’s earcups are made from a revolutionary material called “Liquid Wood”—actual wood that has been combined with reclaimed plant fiber, heated, liquefied, and processed in such a way that it can be injection molded. While injection molding is commonly accomplished with environmentally hazardous plastics or synthetic polymers, Liquid Wood is a natural material—as sustainable as it is physically beautiful. Moreover, compared to ordinary plastic or wood, Liquid Wood has far superior acoustic properties and provides a seemingly endless array of geometric possibilities. The Nighthawk uses Liquid Wood to shape the earcups to more closely resemble the human ear, thereby providing a more complete and comfortable fit, reducing stress on the listener’s head and ears.
Driver Technology: Biocellulose Diaphragm & Split-Gap Motor
Most of today’s headphones use diaphragms made from Mylar—an inexpensive, lightweight, and technologically mature plastic material. Unfortunately, Mylar is inherently flimsy and brittle, typically distorting as the audio signal reaches high frequencies of 6-10kHz and invariably causing listener fatigue. NightHawk takes a radically different approach. Inspired by the advanced drive-units used in today’s high-performance loudspeakers, NightHawk’s 50mm high-excursion driver has a biocellulose pistonic diaphragm and a compliant rubber surround. The biocellulose material is rigid and self-damping, making it far more accurate and musically pleasing than Mylar. In addition, NightHawk’s patented split-gap motor design dramatically reduces intermodulation distortion to provide a clean, well-defined broadband response and a large, naturally detailed representation of space. Your music sounds clean, clear, large, and alive.
- Impedance: 25 ohms
- Sensitivity: 99dBSPL / mW
- Power Handling: 1.5W
- Weight: 346g (12.2 oz.)
- Driver: 50mm Dynamic - Biocellulose Diaphragm - 1.2T Split-Gap Motor
- Length: 4.25' (1.3m)
- Conductors: Long Grain Copper
- Jacket: Flexible, Non-Braided, Kink-Free, Non-Microphonic
- Terminations: 3.5mm TRRS to Dual 2.5mm Mono, Direct-Silver Plated Tellurium Copper (TeCu)
- Discrete Microphone and Smartphone Controls
- Adaptor (included): 3.5mm to 1/4", Direct-Silver Plated High-Purity
Includes free shipping to anywhere in NZ.