iFi Audio ZEN DAC
The ZEN DAC is a superb hi-res USB DAC/headphone amp delivers a level of specification and performance that punches above its super-affordable price tag. Compact enough to use as a USB DAC/amp on your work desk with your much-loved headphones. Stylish enough to use in your home system as a USB DAC. Just add your favourite active speakers or amp.
The ZEN DAC boasts TrueBass. This proprietary tech is a switchable ‘bass boost’ operating in the analogue domain. There’s no DSP with iFi gear. TrueBass enhances the bass but does not muddy the mid-range. Perfect for use with IEMs or open-back headphones which often lose out on bass.
The Zen DAC can be run on just USB power but can be used with an external 5V power pack to drive higher impedance headphones.
- USB Input: up to PCM768 kHz & DSD512 (24.6/22.6 MHz)
- S/PDIF Coaxial and Optical Input: up to 192 kHz/24Bit
- Dynamic Range: > 113 dB (A)
- Volume Control: -101 dB ~ 0 dB in 1 dB steps
- Output power:
- 2.82V/500 mW @ 16 Ohm
- 3.7V/270mW @ 50 Ohm
- 3.8V/48 mW @ 300 Ohm
- 3.8V/24 mW @ 600 Ohm
- Line out Level: > 2.1 V @ 0 dBFS (& 0 dB Volume)
- THD &N (1V/16R): < 0.005%
- Output Impedance: < 1 Ohm
- Battery: 2200 mAh
- Dimensions: 95 x 66.5 x19 mm
- Weight: 127 g
Have a look at the brochure for more information - iiFi Audio ZEN DAC Brochure / Full Length Brochure
Or check out a review of the ZEN DAC - Major HiFi