AudioQuest DragonFly Red
USB DAC + Preamplifier + Headphone Amplifier
Convenience and performance are no longer mutually exclusive. With DragonFly Black and Red, any computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone can be used as a true high-fidelity music player, allowing music lovers to enjoy beautiful sound wherever they go, whenever they please.
Included is a new high-performance, full-speed USB microcontroller solution that delivers improved signal-to-noise ratio and significantly lower power consumption. The new DragonFly models also incorporate improved 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC chips, both of which employ minimum-phase filtering for naturally detailed, more authentic sound.
DragonFly Red includes the latest ESS headphone amp and a bit-perfect digital volume control that resides on the 9016 DAC chip itself - a sophisticated implementation that ensures maximum fidelity, dynamic contrast, and signal-to-noise ratio.
- High output (2.1 volts) drives almost all headphones, including power-hungry models
- 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Bit-perfect digital volume control
- Play all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
- Asynchronous Class 1 USB data transfer using the Streamlength protocol
- Fixed output feeds preamplifier or AV receiver
Find out more information - AudioQuest DragonFly Brochure / DragonFly Product Comparison
Some great reviews - What Hi-Fi Review / CA Review / Hi-Fi News Review / Digital Audio Review