Compelling features of the Q1 include aptX Bluetooth, lossless file playback and headphone amplifier and DAC functionality. Shanling Q1 is a highly advanced digital audio player with a multitude of features to make portable listening in high-fidelity effortless.
Able to act as a high-resolution audio player, Shanling Q1 is able to support lossless audio including PCM, DSD Direct Stream Digital DSD64 and DSD128 playback. It also performs well as an external USB or wireless DAC for computers and smartphones and a high-quality headphone amplifier supporting most headphones.
Running on the third generation of Shanling’s MTouch OS, Q1 is equipped with a simple touch-based system offering quick access to a rich set of features. Developed by Shanling’s own software team, MTouch is a constantly evolving system, thanks to additions of new functions and with the feedback of users from all around the world.
- Powerful portable audio player with Bluetooth and DSD
- Unique design inspired by 1940s and 50s
- Highly compact size perfect for the mobile audiophile
- Capable of DSD64 and DSD128 playback
- luetooth 4.2 with LDAC Hi-Res, aptX and two-way transmission
- Wireless headphone amplifier and DAC functionality
- ESS Sabre ES9218P Hi-Fi DAC/Amp
- Supports most lossy and lossless file formats
- TFT high-definition display with 2.5D glass screen
- Clock function and gapless playback
Running on the 3rd generation of Shanling's MTouch OS, the Q1 is equipped with simple touch-based system offering quick access to a rich set of features. Developed by their in house software, the MTouch is a constantly growing system, thanks to additions of new function and with the feedback of our users from all around the world.
What is a Hi-Fi music player good for, if it can't go everywhere with you? Shanling designed the Q1 to be a truly portable device that you can always keep in your bag, purse or pocket. with a 2.7-inch screen, the Q1 is smaller than a pack of cards.
To achieve rich and unique colours, Shanling needed to utilize new design processes for the Q1. Switching to a Zinc body, adopting new colouring methods and through long months of testing to create this unique look.
Take full advantage of the modern High-Resolution music files with Q1. Supporting a wide range of formats and resolutions, all the way up to 32Bit/384kHz PCM and DSD 128. Any music collection can be simply played on Q1, without any need for downsampling, converting or complicated transfer software.
Developed to provide premium sound quality and full support of high-resolution audio, Q1 was built with special ESS Sabre ES9218P Hi-Fi DAC/Amp. Offering significantly higher output power than most smartphones for use with more demanding headphones while keeping the audio background completely silent for use with very sensitive earphones.
With advanced Bluetooth and USB, Q1 offers scores of connectivity options. Use it as a source for Bluetooth headphones, as a Bluetooth receiver with your smartphone or tablet, or as a digital transport for external DAC. And at home, connect it to a computer over USB to use Q1 as sound card or Bluetooth transmitter.
While the touch screen of Q1 is perfect for browsing through the music library, nothing beats physical controls for simple playback navigation. With three buttons and classic analogue volume wheel, Q1 is really easy to control even in total darkness or when placed deep into your pocket.
Long Battery Life
Thanks to its power-efficient design, the battery life of Q1 can reach up to 21 hours of continuous playback. Enough to last over any intercontinental flight, keeping up with any working day and going on for day and days of basic work commute. And with universal USB-C connector, it can be easily recharged almost everywhere.
Expandable memory for all your files
Compared to other devices, you don’t need to worry about limited built-in memory, simply choose the size of MicroSD card fitting your music collection and insert it into Q1. And when your collection grows bigger, you only need to upgrade to a bigger card. Q1 is able to manage cards up to 2TB.
- Screen: 2.7 inch 360×400 touch screen
- System: MTouch OS by Shanling
- DAC: ESS Sabre ES9218P
- Battery life: up to 21 hours (depending on usage)
- Deep standby: up to 25 days
- Charging time: 2 hours
- Battery capacity: 11mAh
- Storage: up to 2TB MicroSD card
- Audio formats: APE, FLAC, ALAC, WMA, AAC, OGG, MP3, OPUS, WAV, AIFF, DSD, DIFF
- Output port: 3.5mm jack headphone out
- Output power: 80mW @ 32 ohm
- Output impedance: <0.2 ohm
- Channel separation: 76dB
- Recommended headphone impedance: 8 – 300 ohm
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 40kHz
- Distortion: 0.004% (A-weighting, output 1kHz/485mV)
- Signal to noise ratio: 118dB (A-weighting)
- Hi-Res support: up to 384kHz/32bit, DSD64 & DSD128
- Bluetooth: Two-way Bluetooth 4.2
- Bluetooth codec two-way: LDAC, AAC, SBC
- Bluetooth codec transmit only: aptX
- USB DAC: up to PCM 24/192
- Dimensions: 75 x 62 x 16.5 (mm)
- Weight: 133.2g
Check out some reviews of the Shanling Q1 - Headfonics / Head-Fi