The master gilders at Ateliers Gohard finished the Phantom’s gold leaf side plates following time-honored methods. Each gold leaf is applied by hand to create a unique patina. And these heritage techniques demand absolute perfection—once the leaf has been applied, it cannot be removed. Bearing the Phantom II 98 dB Opéra de Paris | Devialet signature, the side plates are gilded with Moon Gold, a precious and stainless palladium-yellow gold alloy.
The Phantom I Opéra de Paris edition is not only an unparalleled piece of sound engineering. It's also an ode to one of the world's greatest cultural institutions. It embodies the vision of excellence shared by a 350-year-old cultural maverick and a 21st-century tech company that's just getting started. Inspired by the iconic gilded interiors of Paris' prestigious Opera Garnier, the Phantom I Opéra de Paris edition is adorned with signature gold leaf side plates made of moongold, a precious palladium-yellow gold alloy. Paris' Ateliers Gohard were tasked with finishing the Phantom's gold leaf side plates. Also responsible for restoring the gold of the Opéra Garnier and other national monuments, these master gilders employ time-honored methods. Each gold leaf is applied by hand in an eight-step process to creating a custom patina. The technique consists of applying a special glue on the support. Once the mix is determined to be ready, the gold leaf is applied. And these heritage techniques demand absolute perfection as once a leaf has been applied, it cannot be removed.
Now Devialet have brought out the next generation of Phantom speakers with a rebranding in the names. The new Phantom 1 replaces original Phantom Premier lineup and the Phantom 2 encapsulates the smaller Reactor series that were released. For more information please see the table below.
||Phantom I 103dB
|Phantom Premier Silver
|Phantom Premier Gold
||Phantom I 108dB
|Phantom Reactor 900
||Phantom II 98dB
|Phantom Reactor 600
||Phantom II 95dB
Looks XXS. Sounds XXL.
Unreasonably compact for a system this powerful, Phantom II fits in almost anywhere. Made for compulsive listening experiences, the new easy-to-carry Phantom features every available Devialet technology in under 3 liters. Sound that really moves? You bet.
Seriously Sophisticated. Hugely Addictive
Meet the most extreme concentration of high technology known to any sound system: 981 parts protected by many patents. Phantom II is the first home speaker designed to take you deeper into sound.
Multiroom Audio. Audio everywhere
Whether you want your home to sync up like a symphony, or look to prefer different tunes in different rooms… we have good news. Introducing Devialet Multiroom for Phantom. That means you now have more ways to play.
- Rooms of the home, unite!Group your speakers and jam to the same music in multiple rooms.
- One room, multiple possibilities. Mix and match your Phantoms for a next-level acoustic experience. And you can always pair them in
- Different vibes for different tribes. Someone can listen to jazz in the kitchen while another enjoys a podcast on the couch. And you can each control your volume and manage zones directly in your own Devialet apps.
- Driver Material: Aluminium
- 1 x Full Range Driver
- 2 x Bass Drivers
- Frequency range: 18Hz – 21kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: -112db
- Total Amplifier Power: 400 Watts RMS
- DAC: 24bits/96kHz Devialet DAC embedded in Devialet Intelligence Processor
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A9 1.25Ghz processor 512MB DDR3-1600 memory
- Finishes: Iconic Black, Iconic White
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 157 x 168 x 219 mm
- Weight: 4.3 kg