The A-S500 is designed for superb musical expression
With high performance, outstanding power and sound quality combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis construction with gold–plated speaker terminals and dual aluminum heat sinks and a Center Bar for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously variable loudness control, Pure Direct, along with Yamaha iPod dock connection, for endless music enjoyment options.
Dual aluminum-extruded heat sinks ensure effective heat dissipation and help achieve crisp, clean sound.Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA in/out jacks are durable and provide highest quality connections.Center bar reinforces the internal structure to further prevent vibration from affecting the sound quality.Pure Direct uses the shortest signal route for higher sound purity with low noise and transmission losses.Yamaha's exclusive Continuously Variable Loudness Control for listening at low volumes.The built-in iPod Dock has an independent power supply for extremely high S/N ratio.
- 85W x 2 high power output
- Zone Control - 12V Trigger Out (Control Out)
- Remote (IR) 2 In/Out and Remote 2 In
- Speaker A/B and A+B Selection
- The Look and Texture of Quality
- ToP-ART Sound Quality Design (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology)
- New Speaker Terminals
- Highest Quality Parts
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Special Power Supply for Clear iPod Sound
- Balanced System for Minimal Noise
Australian Hi-Fi has recently done a glowing, detailed review available here: AS-500 Review Aus Hifi, (.pdf Format; 1878Kb)
For more information checkout the brochrue: Yamaha A-S500 Specs Brochure, (.pdf Format; 3873Kb)