Ortofon 2M Black PNP Cartridge
Model Update - The Ortofon 2M PnP series will be replaced by a standard 2M series cartridge pre-fitted to an Sh-4 headshell. This revised model will be more widely compatible with various turntable geometries and more in-line with user demand. No further replenishments of the 2M PnP models will occur. More information regarding the replacement models will be shared as soon as it becomes available
The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
Users of the 2M Black will enjoy the benefit of impeccable sound quality, along with reduced record & stylus wear and reduced distortion and phase error as a result of the diamond’s improved tracking geometry.
The new 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm.
The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
2M Headshell Features:
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms.
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/210, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
- Weight 16,9g, weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g
- Exclusive plug-and-play solution
The 2M headshell is available in 2M PnP configuration (2M cartridge pre-mounted on the 2M headshell).
You can view more information on the 2M Series here: Ortofon 2M Series Brochure, (.pdf Format; 927Kb)