The Mc Intosh Sound
Mc Intosh, the Rolls Royce of amplifiers. This brand brings you the finest manufacturer quality, stunning looks and ear drum blowing performance!
The C220 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier possesses all the flexibility modern systems require while maintaining the highest quality two-channel performance. All signal switching is done electromagnetically with switch contacts sealed inside glass cylinders filled with an inert gas. Locating these switches adjacent to the input/output jacks virtually eliminates crosstalk, and their sealed construction guarantees trouble-free operation.
The C220 allows for electronic, independent level adjustment for each of the eight source inputs via the front panel or remote control. Channel balance is electronically adjusted and stored in memory. A moving-magnet phono stage incorporates time-proven 12AX7 Vacuum Tubes, for simplicity and superior performance. Low-distortion bass and treble controls, invaluable for older recordings, provide a wide range of tonal adjustment and may be bypassed when not needed.
- Frequency Response - +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion - 0.08% from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Main Output - 2.5V for rated input
- Maximum Voltage Output - 8V RMS Unbalanced, 16V RMS Balanced
- Sensitivity (for rated output) -High Level: 450mV Unbalanced, 900mV Balanced
- Phono - 4.5mV
- Output Impedance - 250 Ohms
For more information checkout the brochure - McIntosh_C220_Brochure, (.pdf Format; 140Kb)