NAD T778 Home Theatre Amplifier
NAD’s reference Audio Video Receiver (AVR) is a cutting-edge powerhouse for state of the art music and home theater. Well known for NAD's high value/ high performance reputation in the AVR category, the brand’s reference model builds on that legacy with an expansion of unwavering philosophy of real-world performance, simplicity of operation, and future upgradeability.
Efficient Distortion-free Amplification
The T 778 features the latest developments in NAD’s Hybrid Digital technology to create 9 high current/high power channels of amplification with improved efficiency. Designed with NAD’s full disclosure approach to power ratings, the NAD AVR conservatively delivers 85W FDP and 9 x 140W FTC, all channels driven at rated distortion. For flexibility, the amp channels are configurable to be used for surround or second zone audio. The silent black background and explosive dynamics afforded by this amplifier technology adds lifelike realism, drama and excitement to all your music and movies.
Fully Featured Surround
The T 778 is second-to-none in terms of flexibility and up-to-the-minute digital technology. Only NAD offers Modular Design Construction (MDC), the company’s proven method for preventing premature obsolescence. 7.1.4 Dolby® Atmos™, DTS® Master Audio combine with Dirac Live™ room correction to deliver hyper-realism that captures every dimension of a performance. Add bit-perfect 4K UHD video pass-through and the T 778 delivers the most accurate sound and image experience you’ve ever had. Musical performance is outstanding with High Res Multi-room streaming via BluOS.
Complete and Compact
As with all NAD components, the company’s latest offering continues their ‘simple is better’ design philosophy. This sensible approach contributes to ease of use and maximizes performance where it counts. A perfect example is the striking new touch screen and ergonomic refinements that simplify operation and ease of access. The T 778 features NAD’s legendary sound quality along with complete compatibility with all the latest features and formats to ensure lifelike music and movie enjoyment.
- 9 channels of NAD’s latest Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology
- New touch screen and improved ergonomics for user-friendly operation
- 4K UHD video pass-through
- High-Res BluOS enabled Network Streaming
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- Apple AirPlay 2
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
- IR In with learning function
- 140 Watts FTC power at 8 Ohms and 170 Watts at 4 Ohms
- 9 x 85 Watts FDP (Full Disclosure Power), all channels driven simultaneously at full bandwith at rated distortion
- 165 Watts IHF Dynamic Power at 8 Ohms and 280 Watts at 4 Ohms
- 6x HDMI input, 2 HDMI output, UHD 4K video pass-through
- 3U Low profile rack-mount chassis
- Frequency response: +0.3/-0.8dB (ref. 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Signal/noise ratio: >100dB (ref. rated power at 8 Ohms, A-Weighted)
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.01%
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 435 x 140 x 430mm
- Weight: 12.1kg
Check out the brochure - NAD T778 AV Receiver Brochure