Even before the launch of the Concorde MkII, Ortofon have always studied the feedback of our customers and how they utilize their products. Skilled DJs demand specialized tools that can help them push their creativity to the edge – consistently testing the boundaries in the realm of performance. Understanding this and reflecting our extensive experience in industrial design and technological know-how, Ortofon present the new Ortofon VNL cartridge – a model tailored uniquely to the unrelenting demands of modern turntablists and portablists.
- Comes pre installed with Stylus VNL II -
The VNL features a spherical stylus which is perfect for tough groove handling. Furthermore, it reduces record wear when scratching and back-cueing to an absolute minimum. The broad stance of the VNL features solid and robust design elements characteristic to Ortofon, with colors meticulously selected to emphasize sturdiness and DJ aesthetics: the cartridge body has been designed to provide easy mounting and alignment on a variety of headshells.
The VNL series in short can be described as the spiritual successor to the ever popular Shure M447 mixing cartridge and looks to become the new staple cartridge for scratching DJ's.
To accommodate for the various needs of DJ mixing, the VNL cartridge comes with 3 styli options.
- Stylus VNL I: compliance, dynamic lateral 16 μm/m N - Flexible
- Stylus VNL II: compliance, dynamic lateral 15 μm/m N - Rigid
- Stylus VNL III: compliance, dynamic lateral 14 μm/m N - Firm
- Extra resistance to hardcore scratching and back spinning
- High tracking performance for both DVS usage and real vinyl
- Optimal balance of output and of sound quality
Output voltage at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec: 6 mV
Channel separation at 1kHz: 20 dB
Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz: 2/+4 dB
- Tracking force range: 3 - 5 g
- Tracking force recommended: 4 g
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600 pF
- Cartridge weight: 6,5 g
- Replacement stylus units: VNL I, VNL II, VNL III
- Antiskating: for best backcueing performance use “0”
Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force:
VNL I: 100 μm
VNL II: 90 μm
VNL III: 90 μm
Compliance, dynamic lateral:
VNL I: 16 μm/m N
VNL II: 15 μm/m N
VNL III: 14 μm/m N
Check out the brochure for more information - Ortofron VNL DJ Cartridge Brochure