Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge
The 2M Black is the new moving magnet flagship from Ortofon. The 2M black is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus - the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
Users of the 2M Black will enjoy the benefit of impeccable sound quality, along with reduced record & stylus wear and reduced distortion and phase error as a result of the diamond's improved tracking geometry.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances. The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- Frequency range; 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response; 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range 1,4-1,7 g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle 20°
- Stylus colour Black
Recommended for following cartridges; 2M black.
You can view more information on the 2M Series here: 2M Series Brochure, (.pdf Format; 927Kb)