The optimum configuration for each system is one Ground/Earth for the whole system. If a system has multiple Grounds/Earths, then it often creates unwanted ground loops. These systems will then have an annoying low-frequency hum (emitted from the speakers).
Current solutions either jeopardise (i) both safety and EMI shielding (e.g. cheater plug), or (ii) EMI shielding. And most are single country (US) uses only.
The GND Defender in the correct way, intelligently detects a ground loop and will cut the ground for that component.
AI ground detection.
With a GND Defender at the IEC power input, it will intelligently detect and remove the ground loop at the component.
Behind this, the GND Defender:
- Intelligently breaks DC ground loops to eliminate ground loop hum
- EMI shielding is retained
- Equipment Safety is unaffected (not a ground lift – so maintains equipment safety ground)
If multiple ground loops exist, more than one GND Defender may be required.
The GND Defender is smarter than the average ground lift. By a long way.
The GND Defender is not only at the cutting-edge in terms of technology but also safety:
- High-performance glass passivated semiconductor
- High Case Dielectric Strength of 1500VRMS UL Listed
- X7R Capacitor
- High-temperature stability
- Flame resistant IEC socket/connector/chassis
- Fireproof polymers UL94-V0
Remember that best practice is to always keep at least one direct power cable connection.