All Musiccast Products Available Here
Today Yamaha has announced a groundbreaking change in the way they do Multi-Room Audio. Basically, every single Yamaha device will be able to be used as a zone in an extremely flexible whole house multi-room system
"No other system provides access to all your content and such a wide range of listening experiences.”
- Every forthcoming Yamaha Device will support being a Musiccast device
- Includes RX-S601 slimline amplifier, RX-A1050 theater amplifier etc.
- You can use Bluetooth speakers as Musiccast Outputs
- Play sound from your TV through a pair of Bluetooth headphones
- Current RX-Axx50 Series components are supported
- All connected sources (including streamers and turntables) can be shared to any of the zones:
- Play TV / Sky sound through your kitchen speakers
- Turntable from the study into the outdoor speakers
- Play your Spotify stream to kitchen, living room, bathroom and outdoors simultaneously
- Play your Blu-Ray Sound through your surround sound system and through your bluetooth portable speaker at the same time
- Extremely Slick App - Easier than any other on the market
- Flexible whole home solution - Because access to all functions is so simple, Musiccast is powerful but usable for everyday people.
- Range includes Cost effective mini systems and High End Home Theater Seperates
- Support for a wide range of streaming services and airplay.
- Any app on your phone like Youtube, 8track, Soundcloud - via Bluetooth
Currently Models that will be supported:
Some of the new products include:
- Traditional Stereo Receivers
- Slimline AV Receivers
- AV Pre / Power Combo
- Mini Systems
- Standalone Speakers
- Active Speakers
Some of Yamaha's Recently announced Musiccast Products
Let's give it a go!
Update your theater receivers
- This is a pretty easy process, the easiest way is to use the front panel controls:
- When the amplifier is off, press the "straight" and "stand-by" buttons at the same time. This brings up the "advanced set up menu"
- Press the "program" buttons until firmware update appears
- Press "straight" until "network" appears
- Press the "Info" Button to confirm
- The Update then starts and will take approximately 20 Minutes
Download the "Musiccast" app
- Search for : "Musiccast"
- Available for Apple iOS and Android in both phone and tablet form factors
Set up "Musiccast"
- Press the Settings Wheel then Select "Add New Device"
- Name the Room that is the first zone of the product you have just connected and give it a useful image
- The room is set up. If the product you connected has a second zone, you can easily add it in the settings wheel
- Both of new rooms have appeared! Now let's add another home theater receiver from the shop...
As easy as that! Now we're ready to play music to whatever area of the shop we would like from whatever source we would like!
That was much easier than I anticipated. Now for some fun playing around with it. We will update this article as more information is released.