MOON Evolution 810LP Phono Preamplifier
With the 810LP pre-amp, MOON envisioned a design with absolutely no restrictions; the ultimate goal being to transport all of the emotion from the artist, from the recording studio to your living room.
A dual-mono fully balanced differential design, the MOON 810LP is the first Evolution Series phono preamplifier. Representing an "all out assault" on phono preamplification resulting from a combination of customized parts in an ultra-refined audio circuit which is mounted on a floating suspension and fed by a unique power supply.
Its highly configurable nature - selectable gain, impedance loading, capacitance loading and equalization curves - is accomplished using DIP switches located on the bottom panel. These switches are located directly in line with the circuit at optimal locations to yield the shortest possible signal path. These adjustments, in conjunction with an excellent overload margin, allow the MOON 810LP to work with virtually any available phono cartridge.
- The dedicated audio circuit board is mounted on a 5-point gel-based floating suspension which is derived from our M-Octave Damping technology, originally developed for the reference 850P Preamplifier
- 4 stages of our M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage) DC regulation circuit; a highly sophisticated circuit that is virtually free of noise, yielding an exceptionally fast, precise, and stable DC voltage. The result is a power supply with a virtually unmeasureable noise floor
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit's signal path; 24 stages in all
- Selectable equalization curves for both the RIAA and the IEC standards
- Customized parts include metallized polypropylene film capacitors with very tight tolerances of 1%
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
- Power supply featuring a "pi-type" filter comprised of 40,000uF of capacitance and dual choke inductance
- 12 Volt trigger input and output for remote operation
- Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
The oversized power supply, is housed in an isolated steel enclosure to eliminate all traces of AC artifacts. Within this enclosure is a high quality toroidal transformer, a "pi-type" filter to reduce AC transmission noise and multiple stages of voltage regulation. On the actual audio circuit, there are 4 stages of M-LoVo (MOON low voltage DC regulation circuit).
Check out the brochure - MOON Evolution 810LP Phono Preamplifier
Available in Two Tone finish in NZ/AUS - other finishes are indent only.
MOON Evolution 810LP Awards
The Absolute Sound: Editor's Choice Awards 2015
MOON Evolution 810LP Phono Preamplifier - Silver + Black