This Pre Amplifier has been upgraded! Check out the new model
McIntosh C49 Pre Amplifier
Building on McIntosh's heritage of finely build, exceptional quality pre-amplifiers, the C47 is the latest in a long line of beautiful pre-amps.
Enjoy your music the way you want with the versatile C47 Stereo Preamplifier. With a total of 12 inputs, you can connect most if not all of your music sources. It even plays many of the latest high resolution digital formats – including DSD files.
For analog audio, it includes 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced fully assignable inputs plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet phono input for connecting a turntable. The digital inputs are comprised of 2 optical, 1 coaxial and 1 USB input. The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C47 can also decode and play back high fidelity DSD files via the USB input, which accepts signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 along with DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. To enjoy the high definition audio found on SACDs, you can connect the C47 to the MCT500 SACD/CD Transport via the MCT input to create a secure and custom DSD connection.
All inputs are available all of the time on the C47 – even if certain inputs are assigned to certain devices, giving you the freedom to configure your system your way. The outputs have also been redesigned for easier use when bi-amping so that your highs or lows are not accidentally turned off. Bass and treble tone controls allow for some fine tuning of your audio sources. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings added dimension to your headphone listening, while Home Theater Pass Through permits seamless integration into your multi-channel home theater system.
- Number of Channels: 2
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz: +0, -3dB from 5Hz to 100kHz
- Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced): 16V RMS / 8V RMS
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced): 900mV / 450mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil): 0.45mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet): 4.5mV
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level): 100dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil): 80dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet): 82dB
- Voltage Gain (High Level): 15dB
- Voltage Gain (Moving Coil): 60dB
- Voltage Gain (Moving Magnet): 40dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced): 44K ohm, 22K ohm
For more detailed information, have a look at the brochure: McIntosh C47 Brochure, (.pdf Format; 2227Kb)