Because you love music more than your neighbours.
The most difficult task in designing SUB 1 and SUB 2 was not just to have these subs play lower AND louder than any other subwoofers in the world, but to do so in a size that wouldn’t dominate the average living room.
Connected to a 240-volt line, SUB 1 delivers an astonishing 1,700W of continuous power and 3,400W at peak - in a cabinet that could be mistaken for a very fine piece of furniture.
With not one, but six cutting-edge drivers in each sub, transient information is conveyed with pristine clarity and perfect precision. Dynamics come through with lightning-fast speed and a power so shattering that it must be heard to be believed. Bass reproduction is eerily accurate and detailed, in large part a result of Paradigm's unique Vibration-Canceling Design Architecture.
Bass Design Specifications:
These subs are movers, not shakers … Massive Air Movement, Massive Output, Vibration Free.
Two cutting-edge Ultra-Class-D amplifiers, designed, engineered and manufactured by Paradigm in North America, are housed inside the SUB 1’s compact hexagonal cabinet.
Amp Design Specifications:
- Switching power supplies, for simultaneous control of all six bass drivers
- 3400W dynamic peak power; 1700W (850W each amp) RMS sustained power
- Low-noise, ultra-high-power compact transformer
- Full-bridge Ultra-Class-D design output stage
- Precision components & dual-sided FR-4 rated glass / epoxy circuit boards
- Proprietary amplifier temperature sensors
- Novel adaptive PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) power processor
- Paradigm’s digital signal processing (DSP)
- 16mm ultra-rigid aluminium amplifier panel
"The SUB 1 brought home performance that bested
what I could get in the theater and never disappointed.
Just make sure to fasten everything in the room down when you decide to let it rip."
Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity
For more information check out the brochure:
Paradigm Sub 1 & Sub 2