Pro-Ject X1 Audiophile Turntable (2M Blue)
This Package Includes:
In 1991 Pro-Ject started a revolution in HiFi with the introduction of the Pro-Ject 1 turntable. A new high-end, low budget turntable at a time when CD was king. Against all odds, we were creating interest in analogue audio at a time when others were turning their backs, and the success was only down to three critical philosophies. Simple yet technically correct design, High-quality valuable materials, and the fact they are fully handcrafted, expert engineers, made in Europe.
There are no fancy, unnecessary features; it was a strictly manual turntable design and all of these decisions resulted in unbelievable sound at a fantastic price. The X1 is based on the same concept as the P1, but improved in every aspect thanks to modern materials and new production methods. Including a better; chassis, platter, motor isolation, tonearm, counter weight, cartridge and more! The X1 has really made a substantial improvement in every way over the P1.
- Comes with Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge
- Clear Perspex Lid included
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acrylic platter
- 8.6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
Check out the brochure for more information - Pro-Ject X1 Turntable
You can find some awesome reviews of the X1 here - HiFi News
The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon's trademark split pole pins, an invention which enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series. The 2M Blue uses an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV. The 2M Blue features a nude elliptical diamond.