Dynaudio announce new Contour series
The Munich High End Show in Germany is a show ground for high end audio manufacturers to showcase both their current and updated products.
Danish loudspeaker manufacturer Dynaudio has announced a 2016 refresh of one of their longest running lines, the Contour series speakers.
While there are certainly some new aesthetics to the line, they have almost completely rebuilt these from the ground up.
The 2016 Contour series speakers feature...
- A new tapered cabinet design
- Incredibly thick (and rigid) new aluminium front baffle (much thicker and more elaborate than the current Contour series speakers)
- Completely new MSP woofers, featuring up to 70% more excursion than their predecessor
- Varying thickness in the MSP woofers
- An upgrade to the legendary Esotar tweeter, arguably one of the best soft dome tweeters in production.
- "New drive units optimised in their symmetrical behaviour through Finite Element Method, ensuring the best possible performance."
These speakers are now being produced in Dynaudio's brand new factory - in none other than Denmark.
These are available in 4 different standard finishes including Satin Walnut, White Satin Oak, Piano Black and Piano White, as well as 2 special order finishes - Rosewood High Gloss and Bubinga High Gloss.
Pricing and availability TBC.
New Dynaudio Contour Series 2016 - Driver Exploded View
New Dynaudio Contour Series 2016 - Contour 30 Front Baffle
New Dynaudio Contour Series 2016 - Contour 20 in Satin Walnut
New Dynaudio Contour Series 2016 - Contour 20 Binding Posts
New Dynaudio Contour Series 2016 - Contour 20, 30 and 60
Image credit to HiFi World