iFi Audio Pro iDSD DAC
We know everyone says their products boast quality and a gateway to 'music heaven'. But iFi Audio's Pro iDSD is just that. With the highest-spec playback and resolution to date, the Pro iDSD is good enough to confidently live up to the title.
Other DAC'S use one Burr-Brown Bit-Perfect chip which is enough to get the job done. ThePro iDSD? Four of them. Making it the only ‘Quad-Stack’ DAC on the market.
But we wouldn't make such a bold claim without backing it up. In addition to the Quad stack DAC, the Pro iDSD also has wireless playback, built-in streaming services, and handles Upsampling to DSD1024.
We could spend pages and pages explaining all of the iDSD's features but take our word for it. And if you want to judge for yourself, have a read of the technical information below. Or come in store and try it out!
- Sample rates:
- PCM up to 768 kHz
- DSD up to 49.152 MHz (DSD 1024)
- DXD and double-speed DXD (2xDXD)
- USB (required for DSD, DXD and sample rates above 192 kHz)
- AES3 (XLR – single link)
- S/PDIF coaxial/optical combo)
- BNC multifunction (S/PDIF in or sync input)
- Balanced XLR at 4.6 V (+15.5 dBu – HiFi) or 10 V (+22 dBu – Pro)
- Single-Ended RCA at 2.3 V (HiFi) or 5 V (Pro)
- Headphones 6.3 mm & SE 3.5 mm Jack at 0.55V/2.1V/5V
- Headphones BAL 2.5 mm Jack at 1.13V/4.6V/10V
- Headphones out 1,500 mW RMS X 2 @ 64 Ω, 4,000 mW max. 2 X @ 16 Ω
- Volume control:
- Balanced (6-gang) Alps potentiometer, motorised with IR remote control/XLR/RCA outputs can be selected as fixed level or adjusted
- 6.3 mm headphone jack is always adjusted
- Other Functions: Various digital and analogue filters can be selected for DSD and PCM up to 384 kHz
- PPCM Filters:
- Bitperfect 44.1 – 192 kHz, always used for 352.8 – 768 kHz
- Bitperfect + 44.1 – 96 kHz
- Gibbs Transient Optimised 44.1 – 384 kHz
- Apodising 44.1 – 384 kHz
- Transient Aligned 44.1 – 384 kHz
- DSD filters: fixed 3rd order analogue filter @ 80 kHz with correction for DSD’s -6 dB gain
- Gain (headphone section): user-selectable: 0 dB, 9 dB and 18 dB
- Dynamic range: 119dBA (solid-state, PCM, -60 dBFS)
- Output power (16Ω, balanced/single-ended): >4000 mW /1>1,500 mW
- Output voltage (600Ω, balanced/single-ended): >11.2 V / >5.6 V
- Input voltage (Pro iDSD): DC 9V/6.7A – 18V/3.35A
- Input voltage (iPower+): AC 85 – 265 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: < 22 W idle, 50 W max.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 213 x 220 x 63.3 mm
- Weight: 1.98 Kg
Check out some great reviews - Stereonet / Samma3a
Want more specific info?- iFi Audio Pro iDSD Technical Info