Thorens TD 209 Turntable
A musical family...
The TD 206 and TD 209 turntables are the younger siblings of the revolutionary, multiple-award-winning TD 309. However, they don’t have to live in the shadow of their older brother. Both models are built using only high-quality materials and parts. And both share a number of technical features with the TD 309, ensuring that their replay quality is up there with the best.
The new TP 90 tonearm uses the same ultra-low-friction, high-performance bearing and the innovative zero-stiction anti-bias system as the TP 92. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR technology (reduced-modal-resonance), and the stainless-steel counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled.
Tonearm height, azimuth and overhang are user-adjustable.
- Low noise, low voltage DC motor
- Electronic speed control (33 / 45)
- Adjustable belt tension for best performance
- Two-part aluminium/acrylic platter
- New TP 90 tonearm with precision Japanese bearings
- Tonearm adjustable for VTA, azimuth and overhang
- Thorens TAS267 (AT95B) cartridge fitted
- 0.9kg acrylic / alloy platter
- 4.7kg net weight
- MDF plinth with lacquer in High Gloss Red, Black or White
- Made in Germany
Datasheet is available - Thorens TD 209 Datasheet