Situation Vacant: Wellington Based Junior AV Installer
As a Junior AV installer you will be required to terminate, test and install cables for HOME THEATRE and AUTOMATION, with a side mission of supporting the retail team in store.
No previous knowledge is required as training will be given by our qualified staff.
Attention to detail is paramount along with a professional manner. You may be required to crawl through tight spaces whilst remaining cool, calm and collected.
We are looking to fill a position with a flexible installer who can also succeed and excel in a retail environment. The role will suit someone with a practical nature and a CAN DO attitude.
The successful applicant will be primarily working on residential building sites, pre-wiring homes with Audio / Video and control cabling, but will also need to be comfortable and tidy in a retail environment helping customers.
Experience on building sites or working with power tools and hand tools would be an advantage, but as the role is fully supervised no experience is necessary, so the right attitude and a practical nature might be enough.
The right person for this role should have some or all of these skills:
• Experience with power & hand tools (drills, cutters, screw drivers)
• Experience with Hi-Fi equipment
• Experience with Electrical Safety (focused and self-aware person)
• High School Woodwork or similar
• A great can do attitude
You'll be working closely with Jason, the Wellington Branch Manager, but will get a chance to work with all of the team here in Wellington.
If you know the difference between a red wire and a green wire then continue reading…
In order to succeed in the position ideally you:
• Can drive a manual transmission van
• Able to work in tight spaces (not claustrophobic, etc)
• Can lift 15kg overhead
• Can use basic power tools (battery drill, skill saw, etc)
• Reliable (shows up on time, dressed appropriately, ready to work)
• Cleanly presented – able to work in the retail store
• Take instructions well / performs tasks effectively / asks questions if not clear
• Takes pride in completion of tasks – can perform to TLP standards
If you think you have what it takes, contact us now with an introduction email.