MOON Neo 230HAD Headphone Amplifier
The Neo 230HAD is more than capable of the task, whatever your needs may be. Based heavily on the reference 430HA headphone amp, the 230HAD features a DSD256/32-bit PCM capable Digital-to-Analog converter (DAC) that can be used with virtually any digital source such a computer, satellite TV receiver or Blu-Ray player, and offering the same fidelity as your main music system.
Ultimately, the 230HAD fills an immense void in the current headphone marketplace, especially when considering its exceptional “price to performance” ratio. Today music lovers need a flexible high quality DAC, capable of both DSD and hi-res PCM. This multi-function product is more about affordable high-performance than minor features.
- Pure analogue amplifier includes a transconductance circuit topology
- Inputs include 1 single-ended on rear-mounted RCA’s and 1 single-ended on 1/8” jack located on the front panel
- Outputs include a 1/4" TRS headphone jack on the front panel, as well as, both fixed and variable line-level single-ended RCA stereo pairs in the rear
- An oversized power supply using 1 toroidal transformers in conjunction with 8 stages of DC voltage regulation (4 each for the amplifier and the DAC)
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) with 4 digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source
- Supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB input only)
- Supports PCM 16/44.4kHz to 24/192kHz (all inputs) and up to PCM 32/384kHz (USB input only)
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
- Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components throughout
- Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy
- Includes CRM-2 remote control.
Borrowing a lot of what the 430HA has to offer at roughly half the price, this is a great option for the discerning headphone honcho, however to get the most out of your 'phones, the 430HA is where you should be.
AV Forums have a fantastic review - AV Forums Review
Check out the brochure - MOON Neo 230HAD Headphone Amplifier
Review is available - MOON 230HAD Review